SPBL (St. Paul Business leaders) partnered with deca
What is DECA?
DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) is a student leadership organization that focuses on preparing emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. Here is a link to a more thorough description: http://oregondeca.org/what-is-deca. Here is a link to a video on Oregon DECA: http://oregondeca.publishpath.com/get-deca#getdeca.
The most informative site on DECA is the Oregon DECA site, which can be found here: http://oregondeca.publishpath.com/.
How DECA benefits students:
- Builds new skills: Business/Leadership
- Builds Resume
- Work experience (Buck Stop)
- Leadership experience (officer positions)
- College Application
- Job Application
- Travel to events and competitions in and out of state
- Receive DECA T-shirt
What students are expected to contribute to DECA:
- Pay Membership Dues
- Work at Buck Stop
- Budget time for meetings and competitions
- Participate in DECA sponsored events and fundraisers (Halloween party, Superbowl party, etc.)