The Board will employ a licensed architect to design the plans of each proposed building, building addition or extensive renovation.
In selecting architects, the following criteria shall include, but not be limited to:
1. Experience in school construction;
2. Evidence of relevant experience in the design and construction of facilities that provide appropriate accessibility and usability for persons with disabilities;
3. Creative design ability;
4. Technical knowledge to control the design so the best results are obtained for the smallest amount of money;
5. Executive and business ability to oversee the proper performance of contracts;
6. Proven ability in all major phases of planning and construction: pre-design planning, schematic design, design development, bidding, construction;
7. Ability and temperament to work cooperatively with others, willingness to consult with staff on educational specifications;
8. Extent and experience of architectural staff in relation to the scope of the planned project.
The architect will be selected by the Board on the basis of the above criteria and will be employed under contract.
END OF POLICY
ORS Chapter 279
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. Sections 12101-12213; 29 CFR Part 1630 (2000); 28 CFR Part 35 (2000).