The Board recognizes that a dynamic, competent and efficient staff dedicated to education is necessary to maintain a constantly improving educational program. The Board is interested in its personnel as individuals, and it recognizes its responsibility for promoting the general welfare of the staff.
The Board’s specific personnel goals are:
1. To recruit, select and employ the best qualified personnel to staff the school system;
2. To provide staff compensation and benefits programs sufficient to attract and retain qualified employees;
3. To provide an in-service training program for all employees to improve their performance;
4. To conduct an employee evaluation program that will contribute to the continuous improvement of staff performance;
5. To assign personnel to ensure they are used as effectively as possible;
6. To develop and maintain the morale necessary to obtain maximum staff performance and satisfaction.
END OF POLICY
ORS 332.505 OAR 581-022-1720