Orig. Code(s): GAB
Job descriptions serve:
1. To describe all essential functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation;
2. To describe attendance standards;
3. To help applicants determine the qualifications needed to fill a position;
4. To help district administrators determine which candidates to recommend for appointment; and
5. To assist administrators in the evaluation of the employee’s performance of position responsibilities.
“Essential functions” as used in this policy means the fundamental job duties of the employment position. A job function may be considered essential for any of several reasons, including, but not limited to, the following:
1. The function may be essential because the reason the position exists is to perform the function;
2. The function may be essential because of the limited number of employees available among whom the performance of the job function can be distributed; and/or
3. The function may be highly specialized so that the individual is hired for his/her expertise or ability to perform the particular function.
“Attendance standards” as used in this policy means the regular work hours of the position, including leave and vacation provisions available through policy and/or collective bargaining agreements and any special attendance needs of the position as determined by the district.
Job descriptions will be developed under the supervision of the superintendent for each position in the district.
Job descriptions will be coded and retained in a document titled Job Descriptions for the St. Paul School District. The document will be available for inspection by any district employee or patron.
Job descriptions will be updated as job responsibilities change. Revised job descriptions will be approved by the superintendent.
END OF POLICY
ORS 342.850 (2)(b)(A)
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. Sections 12101-12213; 29 CFR Part 1630 (2000); 28 CFR Part 35 (2000).