The Board’s goals for achieving positive school-community relations are to:
1. Develop public understanding of all aspects of school operations, ascertain public attitudes toward issues in education and identify the public educational expectations for their children;
2. Secure adequate financial support for the educational program;
3. Help citizens feel responsibility for the quality of education provided by their schools;
4. Earn the public’s confidence with regard to district staff and services;
5. Foster public understanding of the need for constructive change and solicit public advice on achieving educational goals;
6. Involve citizens in solving educational problems;
7. Promote cooperation between the district and the community and share the leadership for improving community life.
Achieving these objectives requires that the Board and staff, individually and collectively, express positive attitudes toward the schools in their daily contacts with parents, people of the community and one another; make systematic, honest and continuing efforts to discover what the public thinks and what citizens want to know; interpret school programs, issues and accomplishments; develop an active partnership with the community in working toward improvement of the educational program; and take an active interest in the needs of the total community to find ways to make the community a better place in which to live.
END OF POLICY
BDDG- Minutes of Board Meetings
KBA - Public Records
KG - Community Use of District Facilities